INDIGO AstroImager & AstroDSLR

INDIGO related discussions
Peter Polakovic

Re: INDIGO AstroImager & AstroDSLR

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 am

stan29678 wrote:
Peter Polakovic wrote:Thank you Stan, I'll check it. But I suppose it is INDI Server related issue. Did you update it recently? Peter
I updated it today while trying to determine the connection issue. I installed kstars but I am not sure that broke it.
I suspect there is a new bug introduced by somebody to INDI driver. Signed 16 bit int is used to hold focuser position, what is apparently wrong. I'll try to fix it and let you know. Peter

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 am

Peter Polakovic wrote:
stan29678 wrote:
Peter Polakovic wrote:Thank you Stan, I'll check it. But I suppose it is INDI Server related issue. Did you update it recently? Peter
I updated it today while trying to determine the connection issue. I installed kstars but I am not sure that broke it.
I suspect there is a new bug introduced by somebody to INDI driver. Signed 16 bit int is used to hold focuser position, what is apparently wrong. I'll try to fix it and let you know. Peter
Pls. can you try this one? http://download.cloudmakers.eu/INDI_Server_2.5.2.dmg Peter

stan29678

Post by stan29678 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Peter Polakovic wrote:
Peter Polakovic wrote:
stan29678 wrote:
Pls. can you try this one? http://download.cloudmakers.eu/INDI_Server_2.5.2.dmg Peter

This one works.

Stan
Last edited by stan29678 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 pm

stan29678 wrote:This one works in astroimager with Indi server but same error in ekos. From what I am seeing, ekos is using a different Indi server than astroimager. What do I change to make it use the same server instance?

Stan
Yes, Ekos uses different drivers, they are invisible for native Mac application and vice versa. You can probably connect from Ekos to our INDI Server as to remote server but I have no idea how. Peter

stan29678

Post by stan29678 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Peter Polakovic wrote:
stan29678 wrote:This one works in astroimager with Indi server but same error in ekos. From what I am seeing, ekos is using a different Indi server than astroimager. What do I change to make it use the same server instance?

Stan
Yes, Ekos uses different drivers, they are invisible for native Mac application and vice versa. You can probably connect from Ekos to our INDI Server as to remote server but I have no idea how. Peter
Thanks Peter. I figured it out. Everyone works now.

Stan

stan29678

Post by stan29678 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 pm

stan29678 wrote:
Peter Polakovic wrote:

Stan
Thanks Peter. I figured it out. Everyone works now.

Stan
Hi Peter,

I thought this was settled but have one last question. If I use the native driver for the asi1600 camera in astroimager (by checking the box on the indigo drivers panel) the camera works fine. If I uncheck the box and add the zwo driver to Indi server, astroimager will not download an image. Error is ASISetROIFormat (0x0 @ 1) error (9) and when attempting exposure: ASIGetDataAfterEXP (1x1 #1 channels) error 13.

Thanks,
Stan

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi Stan, this is a bug in INDI driver. I'm not involved in its development, but it probably means, that they use old SDK. Why do you want to use INDI driver for this camera? Even if it will work, it will be ~10x slower than internal driver. Peter

stan29678

Post by stan29678 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Peter Polakovic wrote:Hi Stan, this is a bug in INDI driver. I'm not involved in its development, but it probably means, that they use old SDK. Why do you want to use INDI driver for this camera? Even if it will work, it will be ~10x slower than internal driver. Peter
In order to use my microtouch focuser and asi1600 is it ok to use Indi server to talk to the focuser since it doesn't show up in indigo and use the asi1600 with indigo? I thought that was probably a bad way to make things work. So if I understand you correctly this is no problem at all?

Thanks,
Stan

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Yes, you can use INDI Server with microtouch driver and AstroImager with built-in ZWO ASI driver, it should work. Peter

stan29678

Post by stan29678 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Peter Polakovic wrote:Yes, you can use INDI Server with microtouch driver and AstroImager with built-in ZWO ASI driver, it should work. Peter
I can confirm it works fine. Sorry for the bother. Last question I promise. In the sequencer panel in astroimager should there be an offset column? After taking test sequence exposures it appears to set all the offsets to whatever is set on the main screen regardless of what gain is specified.

Thanks,
Stan