AstroGuider questions

Everything else...
JayKay

AstroGuider questions

Post by JayKay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:22 pm

I am using an Orion StarShoot autoguider. It is USB 2.0. I am controlling the mount through EQMac.

I have configured AstroGuider to use EQMac RPC driver, local host and port 4030 and am unable to connect to the camera. I have also tried the serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-FTFOXCLE. I have used the same two configurations with the Meade LX driver selected also. Same results.

Will AstroGuider only work with the specified StarlightXpress, Atik or ZWO cameras?

The status bar tells me that EQMac is detected but when EQMac is selected as my guide device it tells me that it cannot connect to EQMac.

What is wrong?

Thanks,
Jim

Peter Polakovic

Re: AstroGuider questions

Post by Peter Polakovic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi Jim,

SX, Atik or ZWO cameras are supported by built-in drivers, but for SSAG you need to use INDI driver: download and install INDI Server for OSX (http://www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver), run it, add SSAG driver and it should appear in AstroGuider. In future version (it is already under development) it will be supported directly as well.

In case of AstroGuider are LX200 driver and EQMac driver mutually exclusive (EQMac doesn't support guiding over LX2000 protocol, just over RPC). If EQMac is running and connected to the mount, just select EQMac in guiding device combo. No configuration is needed. If it doesn't work, EQMac is probably not connected to the mount.

Regard, Peter

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

I have now installed the SSAG driver in INDI server, configured it as best I could and it is now showing up in AstroGuider. I select SSAG CCD as my guider in the left hand pane and EQMac in the right but AstroGuider says it cannot connect to EQMac even though it is running and connected to the mount. AstroTelescope is seeing and connected to the mount as well.

Jim

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

What version of EQMac is it? Is there any error in system console? Peter

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 pm

I am running v1.3.2 of EQMac.

The status bar in AstroGuider simply says "Can't connect to EQMac." Also, when I select the SSAG CCD camera in the left hand pane, the status bar says "Error loading user configuration. Unable to open config file. Error loading file /users/SSAG CCD_config.xml..."

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Yes, that's the problem, I think, that RPC is available only in EQMac 2.0, I'm using 2.0.0b3.

"Error loading user configuration..." is actually OK, it means, that there is no saved configuration for the device.

Regards, Peter

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Peter,

I have installed EQMac 2.0.0.0b3 and that has solved the problem. Guider is seen and previewing! Now to try it in the field. :D

Jim