AstroImager 3.0 (231)

Everything else...
Peter Polakovic

Re: AstroImager 3.0 (231)

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi Reed,

thank you for the log, but pls, can you set log level to debug before you connect the camera? I need to check what is the value of PTPPropertyCodeCanonAutoExposureMode (it is property containing current position of mode dial) and it is missing.

Bulb exposure is started only in case PTPPropertyCodeCanonAutoExposureMode is defined and set to 4 (= manual mode) and PTPPropertyCodeCanonShutterSpeed is defined and set to 12 (= Bulb). Is mode dial set to "M"?

It looks, that you did't actually started exposure, but just preview of single image in LiveView mode (PTPPropertyCodeCanonEVFMode is set to 1).

This is a little bit different compared to previous version. There are five buttons in prewiew/capture group in toolbar:

First one (eye with 1 inside) will capture 1 frame and show it in preview pane. Second one (eye) will do it in loop until aborted. Both will use LiveView if "Use LiveView for preview" is selected in Preferences (it is default).

Third one (subframe) will change zoom in LiveView mode.

Fourth one (red circle) will capture and save selected number of images and save them to selected folder. Output format should be set to "Native" in "Output format" in preferences, otherwise some kind of video file is created.

Fifth one (black square) will stop any capture in progress.

I suspect you used first or second button to capture frame. In this case Bulb doesn't work and nothing is saved.

"INDIGO Service AstroDSLR is ready to publish" and "INDIGO Service AstroDSLR was removed" are OK. Each time you set preferences, internal INDIGO service is restarted with new parameters.

Regards, Peter

Moody

Post by Moody » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Second one uploaded.

My apologies, I may have sent the wrong one in the first place- yes, I've used the record button (and frankly, all of them).

I've set to bulb/manual on the camera itself.

Today, bulb seems to somewhat work. I included a second test, where I have set ADSLR to record 3 10 second bulb exposures after locking the aforementioned settings on the camera. The result is zero saved photos on the computer, no image preview in ADSLR, but 1 10 second frame saved on the camera itself.
Attachments
3countbulbtest.txt.zip
(7.67 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
second.txt.zip
(7.4 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi Reed,

it looks that PTPEventCodeCanonObjectAddedEx event (= image was captured and saved to the card) was never received from camera. Let me day or two to add more diagnostics to find what's wrong.

BTW, are you sure, that Photos or similar application is not running simultaneously with AstroDSLR (it is started by default unless disabled)?

Does it work if you don't use Bulb mode? Does it work (does it receive image into preview), if you (with unlocked GUI) make Bulb exposure manually (by pressing shutter for a while)?

Regards, Peter

Moody

Post by Moody » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 pm

I had EOS set to launch automatically before, but always closed it before using ADSLR for fear of a conflict. I have disabled that now and tested again- same issue.

I disabled GUI lock and tried, ADSLR notices something is happening (greys out options) but doesn't receive any info concerning what is being exposed.

Using a timed exposure v. bulb makes no difference, from ADSLR or the camera.

Oddly, at the moment, if I use the 1 preview option- an image appears in ADSLR. For the other options, no new image is presented. I say at the moment because I'm quite certain I've seen the multiple preview option work before.

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:47 am

OK, thank you, I'll add some more diagnostics messages and let you know. Peter

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi Reed,

please can you try with this build?

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/AstroDSLR_3.1_282.dmg

Thank you, Peter

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Fixed it! Awesome, a huge thank you!

I am trying to get all my kinks worked out before a forthcoming holiday (at a location not directly under a street lamp like my backyard).

I did experience one quick little (probably unrelated) crash, the Apple gibberish I included in hopes that it's helpful. And I hope this helps some other customers out as well.
Attachments
crash.zip
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm

I thank you, you helped us a lot. Peter