ASTRODSLR Sony A7 II bulb exposure problem

Everything else...
deisenlord

ASTRODSLR Sony A7 II bulb exposure problem

Post by deisenlord » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi ,I've been trying to use ASTRODLSR with a Macbook Air El Cap and a Sony A7 II with the latest camera firmware (4.0). Also the original firmware in the camera made no difference. Everything works fine except bulb mode exposures when ASTRODLSR crashes immediately upon the completion of the exposure. Interestingly if ASTRODLSR is connected to the camera and I manually initiate a bulb exposure with the shutter button on the camera the exposure completes and the file downloads.

I've attached a zip file containing the osx crash log and a ASTRODLSR log at the trace level. I'm a professional software engineer in another life with a ton of linux experience and could help debug this if that is of use, I'm very interested in being able to use your program.

Thanks, David
Attachments
logs.zip
(43.1 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Peter Polakovic

Re: ASTRODSLR Sony A7 II bulb exposure problem

Post by Peter Polakovic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Thank you David, I'll check it. Peter

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:32 pm

David, pls. can you try this one?

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/AstroDSLR_3.1_274.dmg

I don't have A7II, but it works with A7RII and A5000.

Thank you, Peter

deisenlord

Post by deisenlord » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 am

Peter, your the man! It appears to be working. Will give it more of a workout, thank you so much.
David

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am

Great, thank you for cooperation! I'll include this path to the next release. Peter

maurogh

Post by maurogh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi, Peter, I’m testing Astrodslr on my Sony A7S and I’m having exactly the same problem that David described. I purchased Astrdsrl on the Apple store and the new version downloaded by using the link you provided doesn’t work. It requires an activation code saying that my trying code is expired. May you help me in obtaining the updated version (not yet available on the Apple store)?
Thankyou.
Mauro

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello Mauro,

you just need to "register" the copy you downloaded from AppStore (menu AstroDSLR > Register) and it will generate permanent license key for you automatically. I can do it manually for you if you already removed old version, just let me know to my e-mail.

There is also even newer build of version 3.1, I suppose to upgrade it in AppStore in next few days:

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/AstroDSLR_3.1_288.dmg

Regards, Peter

maurogh

Post by maurogh » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Thank you Peter. Now I have the licence code so I can update without waiting for the App Store.
I'm now continuing to make tests with the last version using my A7S on a iMac 27" and on a MacBook Pro, both carrying MacOSX 10.3.1 High Sierra.
I will inform you on the results.

Regards Mauro

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Thank you Mauro, I'm looking forward to your feedback. Peter

maurogh

Post by maurogh » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:21 am

Hi Peter,
I performed some testing as promised, on the last version with my Sony A7S. Unfortunately the weather is very bad and therefore I worked only on the bench. The program now is almost perfect, at least for the tests I have done. Only a couple od issues, one minor and the other more important. The first is that the "Toggle zoom in preview" button is inactive in all conditions. the second issue is the sequencer. I did many tests, using from two to five rows of seuence. Every time I got only one frame from the first row and all frames from the last row of the sequence. To be more clear I attach an example of run with three rows. The first picture is the sequencer window and the second is the list of the frames I got by running the sequence.
In any case I'm happy to have, after two years of the A7S use for astrophotography, a software capable to perform almost all operations with my Mac.
Thank you and best regards.

Mauro
Attachments
Frames obtained.png
These are the files obtained (one from the first row and the other five from the third one.
Frames obtained.png (255.37 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Sequence window.png
This is the sequence windows with three rows
Sequence window.png (89.87 KiB) Viewed 131 times