Preview problem

Everything else...
2crows

Preview problem

Post by 2crows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi, very new to using AstroImager.
When attempting to use preview, get error message “invalid range for width. Valid range is from 1 to 4144. Requested value is 0.” Never get an image in the image preview panel. Am able to take pictures, though, using image capture.
When I check the image settings, frame, on the indi control panel, left and top are 0, width is 4144, and height is 2822. Have adjusted these in various ways, no change in results,
Camera is zwo asi294mc pro color, Driver is v.0.6
Using indiserver 2.6.0, Indicontrol panel v.2.3, astroimager v.2.7, fits preview v2.4.
MacBook Pro high Sierra v10.13.2
Help??

Peter Polakovic

Re: Preview problem

Post by Peter Polakovic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi, first of all, don't use INDI Server, it is necessary only for distributed setups and even in this case I recommend to use INDIGO Server instead. AstroImager has built-in driver for ASI cameras.

But for ASI294 you may need software based on newer SDK. Pls. try to download upcoming AstroImager 3.0 with built-in INDIGO driver for ASI devices based on the most recent ZWO SDK:

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/AstroImager_3.0_292.dmg

If you have version purchased from AppStore you may need to register it first (AstroImager > Register) to generate license code for you. Once started for the first time, go to Preferences > INDIGO Drivers, scroll to the end of the list and select ZWO ASI CCD driver.

Let me know if it works for you, Peter

2crows

Re: Preview problem

Post by 2crows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Peter, thank you for the prompt reply and solution. I seem to be good now. Again, many thanks.