AstroImager 3.0 (203)

Everything else...
anofeles

AstroImager 3.0 (203)

Post by anofeles » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi, Peter.
A few nights ago, I was testing the new AI version.
Devices: Neq6, Eqmac (yes, I know it...), eqmod cable, macbook pro (OS X: 10.12.3). AG, AI and AT.
First posible bugs: -
- If I click the button with the eye, just make an image (o maybe more than one) but just shows in the screen the first one. I have to click stop button and click another time on the eye button. And so on.
- The sequencer panel doesn't have the "hide" button and when I want to see the image, I have to drag it outside of the screen.
- The Bahtinov mask helper seems don't work for me... (screen capture)
- When a image appears in the main screen, the panel with the FWHM, HFD, peak and background information doesn't show anything (but I don't know if it has to be like this way...) (screen capture)
I had an AI crash too. (I attach that report too)

Thanks for you effort and for this software for all OS X users.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki1xjpp65hifc ... crash?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0ftrxu627n1i ... 9.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt6pg2f07u71r ... 3.png?dl=0

Best regards.

Peter Polakovic

Re: AstroImager 3.0 (203)

Post by Peter Polakovic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Carlos, thank you for your report...
- If I click the button with the eye, just make an image (o maybe more than one) but just shows in the screen the first one. I have to click stop button and click another time on the eye button. And so on.
Yes, there are more options now. First button (eye with 1) will capture just one frame, second button will set subframe and capture just one frame and third one (eye) will capture frames in the infinite loop (the same as preview in version 2.7).
- The sequencer panel doesn't have the "hide" button and when I want to see the image, I have to drag it outside of the screen.
True, we made it consistent with other "helper panels", you can hide it with red circle in top left corner of the window, it has the same effect.
- The Bahtinov mask helper seems don't work for me... (screen capture)
The reason is probably to large subframe. There is hardcoded limit (50 < size < 300 pixels) for performance reasons, but it is apparently not enough for such high resolution, I'll reevaluate this approach, good point.
- When a image appears in the main screen, the panel with the FWHM, HFD, peak and background information doesn't show anything (but I don't know if it has to be like this way...) (screen capture)
You have to select a star first - green cross will appear around it. All PSF values (and autofocus) are related to selected star.
I had an AI crash too. (I attach that report too)
I believe that can be fixed already in build 209: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80#p444

Thank you, Peter

anofeles

Post by anofeles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Yes, there are more options now. First button (eye with 1) will capture just one frame, second button will set subframe and capture just one frame and third one (eye) will capture frames in the infinite loop (the same as preview in version 2.7).
But I was talking about the third button "Capture and display frames in endless loop". Just take one image for me... No looping...
I will try it again in the new version (210)...
Regards

anofeles

Post by anofeles » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:39 pm

AstroImager 3.0 (210)
eye.jpg
eye.jpg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Definitelly, that button doesn't work for me. It only takes one image... Not endless loop...
Regards...

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:45 pm

What camera is it?

anofeles

Post by anofeles » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:28 am

ASI ZWO 1600 MC... (last version, with usb hub...). I had installed last driver from their webpage too.
Regards...

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:29 am

I'll look at it. But you don't need to install anything, SDK is linked in into AI. Peter

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:59 pm

BTW, what exposure time did you use? It looks, that recent SDK has a bug and doesn't work for 5s and more. Is there any error in the log (bottom of the window)? Does it work if camera is connected directly to computer port? Peter

anofeles

Post by anofeles » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Peter Polakovic wrote:BTW, what exposure time did you use? It looks, that recent SDK has a bug and doesn't work for 5s and more. Is there any error in the log (bottom of the window)? Does it work if camera is connected directly to computer port? Peter
Sorry for the delay... I've been on easter holidays for a week...
I don't remember the exposure time. I tried focusing with this opción and Bahtinov mask. It's possible it was more than 5"... I will try another time.
No error in the log. The camera is directly connected to an usb 3.0 computer port.

Regards...

Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:54 am

OK, anyway, in 3.0_215 is this bug probably already fixed. Peter