FITS Preview 4.x

Bug fixes and minor version announcement.
Peter Polakovic

Re: FITS Preview 4.x

Post by Peter Polakovic »

Don't worry, every software issue can be solved :)
Peter Polakovic

So far no positive result, but at least I can reproduce that something is not OK.

When I built from the source and installed QLFits3 (no older versions are available anymore and I found no binaries) it doesn't work really, just shows some I/O error, but since that previous association of FITS Preview to .fits extension is broken and doesn't work anymore and vice-versa.

Nevertheless, the same issue was reported for other applications as well, so it is apparently some new Big Sur and/or XCode problem:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... file-types
Peter Polakovic

JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Hi Peter,

Great, with this version the finder preview works fine again!

Regards, Johan
abaxworld

Post by abaxworld »

Peter Polakovic wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:38 pm Pls. can you try this one?

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/FITS_Preview_4.0_576.dmg
Perfect!! It works now at least with QuickFits. You are great, man!! 8-) And the option "Open with FITS Preview" from QuickFits works too. Really happy!!
Last edited by abaxworld on Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abaxworld

Post by abaxworld »

...And works also with QLFits3. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Peter Polakovic

:thumbsup:
Peter Polakovic

abaxworld

Post by abaxworld »

abaxworld wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm Yes, it's the same histogram for all the apps and I guess changing that tool it's not that easy. ;-)

Also I was wondering if a Quicklook preview could be added too, to be able to have thumbnails in the Finder and see a preview pressing the spacebar and then opening directly the file with FITS Preview, just like the QLFits project or a regular photo with macOS Preview app. Asking all the time for new features, hehehe ;-) Just in case it's possible.

To share the .XISF example generated by PixInsight I have added it to my Google Drive as it's too big to load here. Here you are the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13y-eAN ... sp=sharing

When I try to open the image with FITS Preview, I get only the application background but not the image.
Hi, Peter. Nice new beta. I have seen that it works with 16 bits .XISF files but not with 32 bits. I use 32 bits to save the masters and that was the reason I couldn't see anything loading some files within previous FITS Preview 4. The new beta keeps working fine with other apps and Spotlight plugins.
Peter Polakovic

Hm, yes. It may be a little bit more complicated because the image component is generally 16 bit, but I'll look at it.