INDIGO AstroTelescope

rumen

Re: INDIGO AstroTelescope

Post by rumen »

Hi,
Yes, this was my bad, i forgot to clearly state that the computer should be connected via the Hand controller. The communication protocol is provided by the hand controller itself. Celestron does not provide low level protocol for direct motor control like skywatcher. Fixed the driver README to clearly state that one should connect over the HC...

Rumen
PruntWHAT

Post by PruntWHAT »

Peter/Rumen,

Thanks for taking the time to work the problem with me! Now that I've got the software working in the office I just need a clear night to take it out for a spin.

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it!
Wade Prunty
TX, USA

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017, Mac mini Late 2012
Celestron CGX EQ, EdgeHD 9.25, ASI 120MM-S Guide Camera
Nikon D750
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

The very first build of AstroTelescope with new map component (the same as used with Dashboard and control panel). Pls. be forgiving if something will not work as expected :)

http://download.cloudmakers.eu/AstroTel ... .9_440.dmg
PruntWHAT

Post by PruntWHAT »

Peter,

I’m having an issue with AstroTelescope. I have a Celestron CGX mount with NexStar+. Once I get the mount aligned and I try slewing to any object using AT the mount goes to a completely different location. Last night after I got the mount aligned I tried using AT to slew to the Moon, which was high up in the East. Instead, it sent my OTA to what seemed liked the exact opposite direction, pointing West and down into the ground. I then tried using the hand controller and it sent it to the correct position. Would you have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,
Wade Prunty
TX, USA

Nikon D750
Peter Polakovic

Hi, it usually means, that either time or observatory location is wrong.

Pls. check AstroTelescope > Preferences > Observatory and make sure, that either coordinates are correct (you can find them by writing your address to the search field at the bottom) and "set the site coordinates..." is set, or that "get the site coordinates..." is set in case you prefer to set the coordinates in hand controller.

Peter
PruntWHAT

Post by PruntWHAT »

Yes, I’ve entered my address and confirmed that the coordinates being used are correct. The time settings on my Mac are also correct, so if the app is pulling time from it then that should be correct too.

Thanks,
Wade Prunty
TX, USA

Nikon D750
Peter Polakovic

Pls. can you try to make a detailed debug log and send it to info@cloudmakers.eu? Set AstroTelescope > Preferences > INDIGO > Log level to "trace", restart AstroTelescope, repeat test and save it with Control > Save log. Remember to set log level back to "error" when done. Peter
Peter Polakovic

Peter Polakovic

Peter Polakovic