Indigo Scripting: Ditherator to dither every XX frames

Forum dedicated to INDIGO Script know-how exchange
aaron

Indigo Scripting: Ditherator to dither every XX frames

Post by aaron »

I created a script to dither periodically, every XX frames. I believe this could be useful if shooting many short frames (<60s), so you can get the benefits of dithering without taking all the time to settle down each frame.

I have tested only with the simulator, so bugs are guaranteed. I've thought of this only for Indigo Server (i.e. IndigoSky), so it will need tweaking if you aren't using the server.

The first line of the script sets dither_every to 3 frames by default. Change this if you like.

The script will monitor for when your image sequence begins. It then stores your desired dithering aggressivity, and tells the server the aggressivity should be zero (off). When the sequence takes an image, it checks the new frame count, and if it is divisible by dither_every, it sets aggressivity back to your intended value.
indigo_ditherator.js
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
JohanB

Re: Indigo Scripting: Ditherator to dither every XX frames

Post by JohanB »

Hi Aaron,

Nice script; contains some useful examples and inspiration for me!

Now that you got going with scripting, the next big challenge is to get plate solving going :-)

Regards, Johan

@Peter; maybe we should have a Script section on the forum especially for exchanging scripts?
JohanB

Re: Indigo Scripting: Ditherator to dither every XX frames

Post by JohanB »

Great!