Meridian Flip, a thought experiment

Forum dedicated to INDIGO Script know-how exchange
JohanB

Re: Meridian Flip, a thought experiment

Post by JohanB »

Hi Aaron,

Make sure to change the variable "server_suffix" in the first line to reflect your RPi Server name. And you may way to change the "monitor_freq" in line 9 to something like 60 (check every minute) to not flood your log.

If the server suffix is set correctly, you should see "Meridian flip: Script started, monitoring commences..." on script start in the /var/log/syslog on the RPi and another message "Meridian flip: Monitoring" every minute, and no script errors.

Don't know how linux savy you are (i assume you are, but just to make sure...), but it is always good to run a "tail -f /var/log/syslog" in a separate terminal window to watch the log of the indigo_server on the RPi.

Regards, Johan
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

I don’t mean to be a party pooper but shouldn’t meridian flip be built in to v4 tools? Most other tools can do it without custom scripting.
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Peter is currently building server based plate solve (based on astrometry.net libs for now), which would in turn allow for implementation of a full meridian flip in Indigo. Not sure if he'll build it or when, but he could once plate solve is finished. My scripting is mostly an educational exercise for me. And fun to do :-)
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

Cool :) I will probably give your script a try but right now we have a pandemic curfew that will keep me indoors at night until spring :(
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

It is implemented, but just on INDIGO Sky server (because of astrometry license) :( Peter
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

Peter Polakovic wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 pm It is implemented, but just on INDIGO Sky server (because of astrometry license) :( Peter
Ok, excellent, I'll give that a try. Thanks Peter.