What is the best solution for stop power usb issue

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
benjamin13870

What is the best solution for stop power usb issue

Post by benjamin13870 »

hello :) i have often problem of déconnexion , connexion with my devices on my remote setting , this is my hub amplified https://www.cdiscount.com/informatique/ ... #mpos=0|mp

with 1 meter extension cable to my macbookpro

(Nikon d5100 ,datyson t7, shoestring dsusb(shutter), shoestring fcusbfocuser(focuser ), usb cable for mount and a key 32gb usb )

sometime I can't connect a device and when I change positions of port USB device on the hub ,it's good ,,,,,

,sorry for my bad English translate :oops:
there is another solution for make the remote system reliable ? :roll:
thanks for you support :)
JohanB

Re: What is the best solution for stop power usb issue

Post by JohanB »

Hi Benjamin,

Fellow user here. It all comes down to the quality of the hub, the power supply and the cables. In my early years of astrography i used to have similar problems to the ones you describe. I used old USB cables i had lying around and some Chinese power fed hub. A couple of years ago i disposed of my hub and all cables and replaced all of it it with a more expensive and solid power fed hub and better quality cables. Haven't had a problem since, always works fine, every time. A real game changer is the Ultimate PowerBox. Rather expensive, but a joy to work with and rock solid. It is also fully supported by Indigo.

One thing you can check is if the power supply of the hub really feeds power into the hub and with sufficient amperage. Many USB devices will, sort of, work when the power supply is not well connected or insufficient, but they will be unstable. This could be a cause of your problems as well.

Regarding changing ports on the hub; i noticed when i change a device's port on the hub or on the Raspberry USB slot, i sometimes have to power cycle the Raspberry to get the device working again. A simpel reboot won't do the trick in this case. Not sure why, but since i know it, it is not a problem. Just don't change ports during an active shooting session :-)

Regards, Johan
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

I doubt your hub is the problem. You have devices that use USB2Serial conversion and these devices all have the same device name and the USB protocol cannot distinguish between them, so they are not plug and play. You have to always plug the device into the same USB port that you used to configure in the first place. But I'm not sure this will always work as it will also depend on power sequencing.

My mount has a built in USB interface but behind it is a USB2Serial converter. so when I'm configuring I have to select an alternate USB port until it connects.

My other devices all have true USB interfaces so they are not a problem.
benjamin13870

Post by benjamin13870 »

iMustBcrazy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 pm I doubt your hub is the problem. You have devices that use USB2Serial conversion and these devices all have the same device name and the USB protocol cannot distinguish between them, so they are not plug and play. You have to always plug the device into the same USB port that you used to configure in the first place. But I'm not sure this will always work as it will also depend on power sequencing.

My mount has a built in USB interface but behind it is a USB2Serial converter. so when I'm configuring I have to select an alternate USB port until it connects.

My other devices all have true USB interfaces so they are not a problem.
thinks at all :) I think it's a bad power because when I lunch astro telescope dslr and guider ;in 1st ---->connexion the mount synscan ok, two dslr okk ,3 datyson t7(zwodrivers) and the t7 is connected but deconnected some time my dslr ,

only camera datyson t7 is a usb 3.0 ,,, my hub is full 3.0 port USB but the Macbookpro(2010) port is 2.0 ??---> copy of rapport system Mac usb2.0 :ASI120MC :

Identifiant du produit : 0x120b
Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x03c3
Version : 0.00
Numéro de série : 00000
Vitesse : Jusqu’à 480 Mb/s
Fabricant : ZWOptical company
Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0xfd134000 / 10
Courant disponible (mA) : 500
Courant requis (mA) : 500
Exploitation supplémentaire actuelle (mA) : 0

to just ? :oops:
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

If you connect all these devices to USB hub (do you?) and the hub is insufficiently powered (how is it powered?), it may have the effect you described. Peter