AstroTelescope causes AstroImager exposure to fail on telescope motion

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
elmore

AstroTelescope causes AstroImager exposure to fail on telescope motion

Post by elmore »

MacBook Pro. Big Sur. Versions 604
Running AstroTelescope and AstroImager.
AstroImager is recording a sequence of exposures.
When AstroTelescope moves the mount, AstroImager exposures fail.

But, for a number of reasons I often want to move the mount and have AstroImager exposures continue.

Is there a setting to prevent AstroTelescope from stopping AstroImager exposures while still connected as agents so that coordinates can be passed from AstroTelescope to AstroImager?
Peter Polakovic

Re: AstroTelescope causes AstroImager exposure to fail on telescope motion

Post by Peter Polakovic »

Actually, it happens on agents level whether AstroImager and AstroTelescope is involved or not. When mount agent receive any request to move the mount, it cancels guiding and running exposure on related guider and imager agents.

We already have a request to optionally keep preview running even if mount is moving, but it turned out to be more complicated it may look on the first sight. To keep batch or sequence running is even more complicated, it has ugly side effects e.g. on dithering coordination :(
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

Yes, this is something I found odd about AstroX, that it stops capturing and guiding when there is a hiccup. It should just keep capturing and keep trying to guide all the time. This is especially needed for capturing during and after transient clouds have passed - just my 2 cents worth of opinion!
Peter Polakovic

Well, this is something different. It will continue capturing and will try guiding even if clouds are passing. But it is quite hard to continue guiding and dithering if you will actively slew the mount to a different position.

What I want to do as a first step is to optionally keep preview loop running independently on mount movement (for framing purposes etc), but you can guide only if the mount is positioned and tracking.
Peter Polakovic

The first change is made in AI and AD. Mount movement doesn't stop preview now.

https://bb.cloudmakers.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5030#p5030
https://bb.cloudmakers.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5032#p5032