Errors

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
rumen

Re: Errors

Post by rumen »

Here are two notes and requests from ASI:
1. The ASI294+120MC works normally in the same configuration, the raspberry hardware seems okay,i recommend test 2600MC by binning to check whether the problem occurs again

2. I check the log you attached,the usb limits is set to 80 and 40 for the two cameras,please try to adjust the usb limits.
And some notes from me:
Please try each thing separately!
1. If binning fixes the problem - this may be an SDK issue and the guys from ASI should take care of it.
2. If USB bandwidth fixes the problem - the issue is configuration related and the problem is fixed for you. I would suggest using 40 for both cameras.

Rumen
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Rumen,
I think I’ll be able to test again tonight. Hopefully weather permitting.
I provided you my email address, should be in your mailbox.

I will check the BW settings again, I was pretty sure the setting was 45 for both cameras. This is set in the advanced camera settings
I think ASI maybe suggesting that the system parameters need to be adjusted, as 80 is the highest possible value and 40 is the lowest you can set in the application.
By Default the settings are 45 which is what I had set in the application for both cameras.
I’ll change this tonight to 40 for both cameras and see how it goes. But I think we may want to confirm what ASI is recommending on this statement.

I’m not excited about the binning change, even if that works, I don’t want to use that change…I can test it though, maybe on a simulated dark frame test, but not tonight.

Thank you!!!
rumen

Post by rumen »

I will check the BW settings again, I was pretty sure the setting was 45 for both cameras. This is set in the advanced camera settings
I think ASI maybe suggesting that the system parameters need to be adjusted, as 80 is the highest possible value and 40 is the lowest you can set in the application.
By Default the settings are 45 which is what I had set in the application for both cameras.
I’ll change this tonight to 40 for both cameras and see how it goes. But I think we may want to confirm what ASI is recommending on this statement.
Did you save this settings? if not they will be reset to defaults.
I’m not excited about the binning change, even if that works, I don’t want to use that change…I can test it though, maybe on a simulated dark frame test, but not tonight.
Do not worry! :) This is not a change. This is only a test. If this works, this will give some clues what might be wrong and where to look for the problem. This is not a solution but it may lead to the solution! You can do this test during the day with all caps on.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Thanks Rumen. I confirmed that my BW settings were in fact 45 for both cameras. I'll change to 40 for tonight, they should be able to confirm my settings in the ASI log file, no way it was set to 80..

I'll do the testing right now with the binning. What should I set it to? 2x2? Moving forward with 2x2...
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Don't want to speak too soon, but after changing the binning to 2x2, I've gone through a couple hours without an error. Continuing to test, but wanted to let you know, usually a few hours is enough time to reproduce.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Good... this may be something. let it run several more hours and if it works write it in the mail thread with asi. They are probably suspecting something, that is why they asked to try binning... I am just speculating but seems logical...
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Any updates on fixing the issue with the 2600MC?
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

ZWO just released a new SDK, let us couple of days, we have to rebuild everything and we'll see.
rumen

Post by rumen »

The guys from ZWO claim that they have fixed the ASI2600 issues with their latest SDK.
We have updated the SDK and we made INDIGO release 2.0-160 with the fixes form ASI.
Meanwhile Atik updated their SDK so it is included also.

Awesom-0, can you test with ASI 2600?
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

New drivers are included in this build as well:

viewtopic.php?p=5346#p5346