Errors

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
Awesom-0

Re: Errors

Post by Awesom-0 »

Thanks, restarting is a little better, but still causes all my guiding and mount to disconnect.
I appreciate all your help. Is ZWO giving you any info on when they will fix their software/firmware? Is there a bug or defect on this issue with ZWO I can reference? I’m happy to reach out to their customer support to push this if it helps?
Last edited by Awesom-0 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Based on how this failure happens, would it help if I had my guide camera connect direct to my Mac over usb? Or just have the 2600 usb direct to Mac? Bypassing the Rasberry pi? (At least as a work around until it’s fixed?) if I understand what is causing the error maybe I can move my setup around to avoid the issue. Thanks.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Is your guide camera connected to the back of your 2600? If so try to connect it directly to the RPI. Connecting the 2600 to your mac will not help it will be worse actually as it runs the old SDK.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Awesom-0 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 pm Thanks, restarting is a little better, but still causes all my guiding and mount to disconnect.
I appreciate all your help. Is ZWO giving you any info on when they will fix their software/firmware? Is there a bug or defect on this issue with ZWO I can reference? I’m happy to reach out to their customer support to push this if it helps?
The best thing you can do is to send SDK log file with the failure:
This can be done like this:
1. ssh into indigosky
2. open file: /home/indigo/.ZWO/ASIconfig.xml
like this:

Code: Select all

pico  /home/indigo/.ZWO/ASIconfig.xml
find tag corresponding to your 2600 camera:

<ASI2600MM_Pro date="20210723_075033">
and inside it find:

<DebugPrint type="3">00</DebugPrint>
now change 00 to 01 to read:

<DebugPrint type="3">01</DebugPrint>
Then restart indigo. Now you should have the file:

/home/indigo/.ZWO/asicamerasdk/asicamerasdk.log
Once the error happens please send me this file I will forward it to asi.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

The guide camera is plugged into the PI.

I’ll use this procedure for the next time it fails.
Thanks!
rumen

Post by rumen »

Please note you should do this once, and before it fails. You can even do it now just to be prepared.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Understand. won't be able to try this for a few days, but hoping to get some time soon.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Well, spent the large part of the night taking pictures. It’s been a little while, been very cloudy and lots of smoke lately. The good/bad news is that I didn’t have any exposure failed issues tonight. So no log data to provide.

The only change I made to my rig, is to run the 2600 camera off a dedicated USB hub which then connects to the PI, and the guide camera direct to the PI. I have not been able to recreate the issue in this configuration…yet. Fingers crossed.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Fingers crossed :)
Bit please make sure you clear the logfile before each session. Otherwise it will become too large, which means a lot of garbage and hard to analyze.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Thanks, how do I clear the log?
Has ZWO provided any additional SDK updates for this issue?