Errors

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
rumen

Re: Errors

Post by rumen »

They can not reproduce it, I can not reproduce it either. Without any sort of log and the issue being relatively rare there is no way to tell what is going wrong :( Even with a log sometimes it is not easy...

to clear the log just delete the file...
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Thanks Rumen. So just to clarify, they were aware of a problem, fixed it with an updated SDK and now they can’t reproduce the issue. You have also not been able to reproduce the issue after the latest .156 release?

This is encouraging just want to make sure I understand. Thanks.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Yes, ASI are aware of the problem and they hope they have fixed it with the latest SDK (the one used by indigo 2.0-156).
I had my ASI 2600 taking 4s exposures and ASI 290 taking 0.5s exposures nonstop for 3 days . And in parallel on another host ASI071 and ASI224 without a single issue. ASI also claim they have tested it without issues. So, if this happens to you please provide a log so that ASI can look at it. It may be some different issue related to your setup.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

I was able to capture a failed exposure.

Today, I started taking darks on my ASI2600. Started with 100sx20 images then 120s x 20 images and finally 200s. On the 200s sequence failed, with exposure failed message. (I was also taking 2 second exposures on my guide camera while I was taking Darks)
Attached screenshot of the error message.
I also was logging the data and attached the log file you asked for. Link below, file was too large to attach...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en8gzswmbf3vs ... k.log?dl=0
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 7.56.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 7.56.48 PM.png (55.92 KiB) Viewed 193 times
rumen

Post by rumen »

Hi I have shared the link with Asi. Please keep the file there for a while. I am on my phone and I was unable to provide a copy to Asi. Thank you!
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

The file will stay up as long as you need, thank you. Hopefully this provides some good data!!
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Just another data point, I also have an ASI294MC-Pro. When I swap out the ASI2600MC-Pro with the ASI294MC-Pro, all other factors remain the same (IndigoSky Version, power etc). I am not able to duplicate the failure. I've spend numerous nights with long exposures times on the ASI294MC-Pro without a single Failed Exposure, even before the upgrade to .156. So its most certainly something with that ASI2600MC-Pro camera. I'm eager to hear what ZWO comes back with from the logs and keeping my fingers crossed that someone is able to shine some light on the issue.
Rumen, thanks again for all the help. Let me know if you need any additional information.
Thanks!!
rumen

Post by rumen »

I have shared the forum link with the guys form ASI, i hope it will help them fix the issue... Can you fill some gaps missing in this forum page for them:
1. what RPi version.
2. What cameras were used during the test.
3. was 2600 powered up
4. how were the cameras connected phisically? what usb port version etc...
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

1. what RPi version.
Model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2

2. What cameras were used during the test.
ASI 2600 MC pro for imaging.
ASI 120 MC S for guiding.
3. was 2600 powered up
2600 is powered via Pegasus PowerBox advanced USB Hub and dedicated 12v connection for cooling. Generally run the cooling system to -5c and power is between 50-65%
4. how were the cameras connected phisically? what usb port version etc...
The 2600mc uses dedicated usb 3.0 to Pegasus Astro advanced usb hub. The 120mc-s is plugged directly into the PI usb 3.0 port. The error would also happen when both cameras were plugged into the PI usb 3.0 ports. Moving the 2600mc to a dedicated USB hub has not helped. (Note, I also own the ASI 294, which can be swapped out in this same configuration and never has failed exposures, ever)

Observations. The errors have only happened when shooting longer exposure time on the 2600mc pro. I’ve created the error most commonly with exposures over 180 seconds. I’ve never had a failed exposure taking short exposures, under a few seconds. When working to recreate the error, I run the guide camera on 2 second repeat exposures, as this most accurately represents the activity in the field. After the failed exposure error happens, a restart of the IndigoSky server is required to get the 2600mc to successfully start taking pictures again.

Let me know if need to provide any additional details.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Hi, is it OK to include you in our mail loop?
If yes please send me an e-mail to rumen@skyarchive.org and I will do it.