Errors

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
rumen

Re: Errors

Post by rumen »

Unfortunately this information is not really helpful.
Can you give me more information about the RPi Version... 3 or 4? how much RAM? is it 32 or 64bit indigosky?
I have RPi 4 with 4g Ram and running 64bit indigo sky and it used to work for 3 days for me... no issues at all...
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Pi version 4, using 32bit. 4g of ram.
I could run the 64bit, but don’t think that should really matter? And you don’t have issues with sub second exposures? Sub second was not a problem before I upgraded …
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

I’m going to try and install 64bit with your patched version and see if that changes anything.
rumen

Post by rumen »

I am not with mu camera now but I will try the 32 bit version too. Meanwhile

Is it connected to USB2 or USB3?

Also did you check what is the value of usb bandwidth settings. It can be found in control panel under the camera advanced group. Try to set it up low to about 45. For both cameras.

Rumen
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

I started with a new SD card and installed the 64bit version of IndigoSky that is on the website. Which was the latest version with a 7-3 date which installed as .154. Then applied the .deb file you gave me for the 64 bit version and am running .155 now.
(my 32bit I was using went from .152 version directly to .155 when I applied the deb file, no intermediate upgrades)
I'm able to take short exposures now with the 64bit .155 version, tested a .5 and 1 sec exposures and they worked (This simply would not work last night on the 32bit version, no idea why)

I'll do some more testing with the 64 bit version today. Currently I make sure to run my 120MC-S on 2s exposure loops while taking dark frames with the 2600MC-pro at various exposure lengths. Making sure the mount is also connected but parked. (Building a dark library while I troubleshoot seems the best use of my time on this) I feel like having all the usb devices active is important to testing, but maybe not.

Also, my BW settings are now 45 on both cameras, and both cameras are USB 3.0 and using the two built in ports on the PI for usb3.0. '(Last night my 2600MC was set to 40, and the ASI120MC-S was 45. per earlier troubleshooting step.)
Anything else I should test?
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

So I was able to recreate the problem I had last night with flats that caused my camera to not allow any exposures.

Normally I plug my light panel into one of the ports on the back of the 2600 (Standard usb2.0) to take flats at the end of my session. This is something I've been doing with this camera for months now. Well, this causes the camera to stop working. The light panel is just a simple device, but plugging it in now causes the camera to fail exposure. I can work around this by plugging into another port somewhere else, but I'd be willing to bet you can duplicate this with other usb devices that maybe plugged into the camera now. As I said, been doing this for months, so I'm certain its not a power issues etc,
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

Outside of the on board USB port issue, I haven’t had any exposure failures taking darks today.
rumen

Post by rumen »

Well, I really have no idea what might be wrong but my 2600 stopped working without external power connected when Asi updated the sdk. I asked them and they said thar several cameras models need external power to work reliably one if which is 2600. Maybe they redirected more power to the camera. Thus increasing the whole system consumption. On the other hand Asi also said that some third party devices may not work well with the USB on the back of the camera they said it is mainly intended for their focusers and filter wheels.

On the other hand paspbery pi is a cheap device and it had a long lasting problem with underpowered usb ports. Even my rpi 4 still has some issues with this. Sometimes when I plug my 2600 or 071 it gets reset. Abd once rebooted the power seems to be enough... So it may be related to this. I have no idea what may be wrong.
Awesom-0

Post by Awesom-0 »

My understanding is that the USB hub on the back of the camera is powered by the 12V used for the cooling system and not from the USB3.0 attachment. In any case, it worked before, and something most certainly changed. I'm not worried about it, that i have a workaround for, but getting the camera to stop failing exposures would be a huge win.
rumen

Post by rumen »

As I said I have no idea I have only speculations 😉

I reported it to Asi. Let us what for their explanation.