INDIGO Server persistent state

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
sgjsgj

INDIGO Server persistent state

Post by sgjsgj »

I could be missing something here (likely - new to Indigo) but I'm having trouble saving and restoring state in INDIGO Server.

I created a Mount Agent on the server (Mac Mini), this ties together a Mount Simulator and Dome Simulator. I saved configs to profile #0 for both of them. I can drive all this nicely from the office using Astro Telescope.

When I relaunch the server I was hoping that the Launch Agent would have remembered its mount and dome selection - but it doesn't. Instead I have reselect them and also manually load their respective configs.

This isn't too painful at the moment but as I build out the complexity I'd like the server state to be more persistent.

Cheers
Scott
All Mac automated NexDome full of ASI, Celestron, and William-Optics gear.
Peter Polakovic

Re: INDIGO Server persistent state

Post by Peter Polakovic »

Hi Scott,

most of the properties are persistent on agents and some on other drivers, but some properties are not. Mainly for security reason., e.g. to avoid unexpected mount movement etc. The device selection properties are in that category, so you need to select which device to control each time the agent is loaded.

Nevertheless, if you saved the configuration on the selected devices, all their persistent properties should be loaded when they are "connected". What particular property do you mean?
sgjsgj

Post by sgjsgj »

Thanks Peter, that makes sense about the unexpected movement. So I'm seeing "safe" devices like a filter wheel just load automatically and "potentially unsafe" motorized ones like mounts and domes you need to hit load first.

So the confusion and problem properties are the six "Dome Dimension" ones. (I'm using the new NexDome Beaver driver). But even just using the Dome Simulator I find that they aren't actually saved, Location is though. Given that the dimensions are fixed like the location I would expect those to persist.

Scott
Peter Polakovic

Rumen, any idea?
rumen

Post by rumen »

most likely you have to save then to profile 0 or whaterver you decide and load them on start. Peter maybe we should make those properties saved on update?
Peter Polakovic

Yep, I made DOME_DIMENSION persistent....
sgjsgj

Post by sgjsgj »

Just tested the latest in GitHub - works great. Thanks!