Mount already connected error

Questions, bug reports, requests for enhancements, etc.
BenBrown197

Mount already connected error

Post by BenBrown197 »

I had everything working really nice with with my SyncScan mount and ZWO cameras through INDIGO Sky on a RP4 until tonight. I'm trying to connect my mount, but am getting an error saying 'Mount SynScan' is already connected and maybe in use, please disconnect it first. When I go though the control panel for INDIGO Sky I believe the the mont is only connected is under SyncScan mount. However clicking disconnect does nothing here. Anything jumping out as to why I can't connect?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.14.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.14.50 PM.png (719.61 KiB) Viewed 195 times
iMustBcrazy

Re: Mount already connected error

Post by iMustBcrazy »

I don't know but one way you might correct it - without too much impact - is to stop and start (unload, load) the mount driver - rather than restarting the server or rebooting RPi.
Peter Polakovic

Post by Peter Polakovic »

The screenshot looks like the connection is in progress but not finished for some reason. Is the serial port the right one? Does it happen even if you reload the driver or restart RPi?

You may try to set the log level on "server" device in the control panel to "trace", restart the server and repeat the connection attempt and then to look at the log at http://indigosky.local:7624/log or to copy & paste it to some file and send to me.
BenBrown197

Post by BenBrown197 »

After doing a little bit more troubleshooting I was able to figure out what was going on. Somehow my default serial port was changed to serial rather than USB. Upon startup this would cause the RP to get stuck in a loop where it was trying to connect and would not let me abort the process. Power cycling wouldn't break the cycle. The key was to restart the server though the control panel. This allowed me to finally stop attempted connection, change to the correct port, and connect. I figured disconnecting power would be doing the same thing as restart, but apparently not!
rumen

Post by rumen »

Hm...yes this is known issue with Raspberry PI. We have timeouts set on the Serial port operations which work fine on intel Linux and MacOS. Bit for some reason RPi does not observe this timeouts. And it gets stuck forever and never times out...

Maybe it is time to look at it again.
rumen

Post by rumen »

I have fixed the issue with the timeout on RPi.
There are 2 ways to fix it:
1. Re-flash your INDIGOSky SD card with the latest image. Just released it. Available here https://www.indigo-astronomy.org/indigo-sky.html
2. Execute command on your current system: 'sudo systemctl disable hciuart'

Both ways will fix the stale connect.

Rumen