Announcing: INDIGO to GO — an iPhone app for monitoring sequences

Feel free to discuss about INDIGO based software not supported by CloudMakers here...
aaron

Re: Announcing: INDIGO to GO — an iPhone app for monitoring sequences

Post by aaron »

#3 - I can't reproduce this myself, but completely believe you. Not sure what time zone you are in, but it would be great to try to screen share and see this in real time. Feel free to reach out to abf (at) mac (dot) com to schedule something.

#4 - ah I can see that too. I'll work on it.

#5 - I haven't figured out how to tell the system is dithering currently. Peter, do you have a suggestion here?
aaron

Post by aaron »

A new version is out on TestFlight. It should resolve Johan’s issues 3 & 4.
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Hi Aaron,

Gave it a go; all works fine now! :D

Phone sleep does not affect the server connection anymore and the selection window shows all changes on the network instantly.
Saw you implemented the "Dithering" state; works!

Did notice that during the dithering state, no RMSE values are shown or updated. Was this intended? Maybe it is an idea to show the value of the "Dithering RMSE" property during the dithering state, to monitor how the settle down phase is going? (in the same place where the regular RMSE is shown).

Very useful app, thanks!

Regards, Johan
aaron

Post by aaron »

Thanks again Johan.

I have no special code to show or hide RSME based on dithering. My code simply displays "Is Dithering". So perhaps that's the agent?
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Hi Aaron,

Not sure; when i looked in Dashboard, the RMSE properties have a normal value during dithering and in the previous version of the app one would see the values swing during a dither. Now the icons for RA/DEC RMSE become a question mark during dithering.

Regards, Johan
aaron

Post by aaron »

Ah I see the issue. You are right of course. I’ll put out another build soon.

In the meantime, the latest build on TestFlight allows you to view image previews. Nothing fancy, certainly not high resolution, but enough to see if it is cloudy or not.
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Hi Aaron,

Looked at the preview feature; cool! However, mine shows an image of M31 for all subs taken in AI, where the real image is the Rosette Nebula taken fromthe CCD Simulator. Where does the M31 image come from? Or is this a dummy and is the feature not yet fully functional?

Regards, johan
aaron

Post by aaron »

M31 is one of my images, used as a dummy when it isn't able to download the image from your system. I'll change it to a spinner to be not as confusing.

Also, I've seen your crash reports coming in. I think I know why these are happening. I'll prepare another build.
iMustBcrazy

Post by iMustBcrazy »

Hi @Aaron, I tried your app but it did not recognize any servers on my network. Is it because I changed the name of my wifi network from indigosky to indigoskygb?
aaron

Post by aaron »

Hi iMustB --

Well, it ought to find your servers even if renamed.

When you first launched, you should have seen a prompt to allow the app connections to your local network. It needs these to find your servers. You can check in Settings > Privacy > Local Network.

Aaron